Almost There!!

Month Service Hours: 3

Total Service Hours: 7


Earlier this month I was very excited about the opportunity to make Valentine's Day cards for local nursing home residents. It was nice to take a break away from studying and to use my creativity to spread love and joy and brighten others' day. I really do hope that they loved them! I've added a photo of the cards I made below (my favorites were the the "Hap-pea Valentine's Day" and "You're Turtley Adorable"). 

The semester continues to fly past us at lightning speed, and it feels like our comprehensive exam is just around the corner. We've just completed the Neurology module and are about to begin our very last module - Psychiatry. In the Neurology block we learned a lot about the neuropathology and physiology of common debilitating brain disorders in elderly patients like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Stroke and Epilepsy. I personally have a great interest in dementia-related diseases like Alzheimer's due to an increase in awareness on social media platforms so I enjoyed learning about disease's pathology, progression, and treatment. 

I'm looking forward to what March will bring for service opportunities! 

 


 

Comments

Popular Posts