Pharmacology Wrapped!!

I feel like I've only blinked, and this semester is already over! I really can't believe that we take our last module exams in a week!!

I was able to volunteer as a medic during our Thanksgiving break at the St. Tammany Turkey Trot. Everyone was in really good spirits due to it being a holiday and my patient encounters were minimal. The most notable being a fall at the finish line from an elderly woman. Luckily, she was fine aside from a lip laceration which is pretty normal, so we just sent her for stitches and because of her age we still suggested a few scans and everything was negative so that was great!! 

As for class, we finished the Renal/Pulmonary module and Dr. Katakam did a really great job of explaining the kidney's anatomy and physiology as well how different classes of drugs affect its function. We now are nearing the end of the GI/Neoplasia module and I really enjoyed the Cancer Biology lecture where we learned about cancer progression and angiogenesis. 

And with this being the last blog post of the semester it definitely calls for a Pharmacology Wrapped!  So here are my rankings for this semester's modules based on what I thought was the most interesting. 

1. CV Pharm (The SIM lab put this module at the top.) 

2. ANS/CV Pharm (This one was so fun! Lots of work, but super fun. I really enjoyed the puzzles.) 

3. Renal/Pulmonary (The kidney physiology was really fun to learn!) 

4. Inflammation (Learning about the MOAs and side effects of some of the most common OTCs as well as steroids was cool!) 

5. Infectious Disease (There are so many antibiotics...) 

6. GI/Neoplasia 

7. Basic Principles


Month Service Hours: 5

Total Service Hours: 12


Comments

Popular Posts